We’ve missed you and hope you’ve been keeping safe and healthy. We are now scheduling dental appointments and want to share our extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team members. We are fully compliant with the infection control procedures set by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons as well as the health regulations set by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care/Public Health Agency of Canada.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
• Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
• Intake screening forms will be completed on arrival.
Upon Your Arrival To The Office
• To maintain social distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. The office will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready and a staff member will then greet you at the entrance.
• If you do not have a cell-phone please ring the doorbell and a staff member will greet you at the door.
• Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and asked a series of questions to determine whether they have been in possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
• Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
• In order to conserve essential PPE resources we ask that you come wearing a covering (cloth is ok!) and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance.
• Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
• The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
• Waiting area chairs are limited so we ask that you wait in your car if possible.
• We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
• There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment
• You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
• Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
• Common touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
• All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
• Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff as required.
• Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
• The entire facility has a HEPA filtration unit and UV disinfection. We also have ERV which brings in fresh air to ensure good ventilation.
• During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
• Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff.
• Disposable pens will be provided for completing the required forms.
• Credit card/payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing your dental needs in the safest way possible. If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.
Dr. Sehgal Family Dentistry